Sunday 2 February 2014

Jane Austen Quote of the Week 260



Sorry for the delay in posting Linda's quote. We will be more on time this weekend.


 

Here I go again!  Sorry, but I can't help myself.  This quote just keeps popping up and I am losing count of the number of times!
 
Jane Austen (I firmly believe) said in The Loiterer No. 9:
 
I am a great reader....
 
and here is why I was drawn to that again.  I was perusing my shelves of Jane Austen books and ran across this one by Bee Rowlatt and May Witwit:  Talking About Jane Austen in Baghdad - The True Story of an Unlikely Friendship.  It is a true story  told in an email format between and English Lady and an Iraqi Lady.  And our Jane Austen brought them together.  I have only briefly looked at the book, and I must get-around to reading it in its entirety.  My point being that "reading Jane Austen" is world wide!!  It takes something "special" to be able to do that.
 
Yrs aff'ly,
Linda the Librarian



 





No comments: