Sunday 27 October 2013

Jane Austen Quote of the Week 250

 
I have stumbled across a most Delightful and Insightful book, namely: The Jane Austen Guide to Life: Thoughtful Lessons for the Modern Woman" by Lori Smith.
 
I am so excited I can hardly stand myself!!  Lori has analysed Jane's books and covered a multitude of 'womanly' subjects.  I only wish I had had this book some 60 years ago, because I would hope that it would have literally changed my life.  Jane was so intelligent about so many things including "women".  Lori has quoted extensively from Jane's books to prove her points.  Every woman should read this book - and LEARN !
 
So I will only quote for you the same quote from last week from The Loiterer, Issue No. 9 where Jane, as Sophia Sentiment' says:
 
I am a great reader...."
 
You can check out Lori's book at Amazon here:  "The Jane Austen Guide to Life".   You can also check out Lori's own web site here:  Lori Smith, writer.  Now I also am anxious to read her other book "A walk with Jane Austen: a journey into adventure, love, and faith".
 
Enjoy !!
 
Linda the Librarian
 
 
 

1 comment:

Icha said...

Thank you so much for the quote, Linda, and for posting it, Rachel!

I'm sorry to say that, although I'm an avid reader, I find more and more difficult nowadays to read a novel. Just don't have time. That's not good for me, not good...