Sunday 31 July 2011

Jane Austen Quote of the Week 161

This week's quote is taken from Mansfield Park, which reflects what I feel right now about time.

Oh! Do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch.

These weeks I feel like time just slips away from my fingers... like sand on my fingers... I feel like I'm grasping here and there for life support... and I barely make it. I hope it won't last long... I hope I will regain control of my life sooner than later. But at the moment, I feel that a watch is useless to measure time.

Oh, special thanks to the Jane Austen Quotes site for providing me with this quote.

1 comment:

Linda Fern said...

My dear Icha, you took the words right out of my mouth! I am so sorry to inform you that the situation only gets worse as one gets older. At the moment, years are simply flying by! Just the other day it hit me that I had not visited my other set of grandkids in a whole year come September which is right around the corner. Shame on me!!

Yrs aff'ly,
Linda the Librarian